On 24 February 2022, Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine, brutally breaking all international agreements, laws, and regulations. The war touched everyone, military forces, and civilians, whole families. Russian troops are bombing military facilities, civilian areas, and objects (residential buildings, hospitals, kindergartens, etc.)
The international community is open to supporting all Ukrainians in this horrible time.
Below you may find a list of various actions you can commit to combating the war in the center of Europe.
1. Make donations to Ukraine’s Armed Forces and charities helping them.
The verified fundraising initiatives and bank details for assistance in different currencies:
- Fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine opened by the National Bank of Ukraine. Bank details for donations;
- Save Life, a charity fund helping the Ukrainian army since 2014. Link for donation – please opt for “Help the Ukrainian Army”;
- Army SOS is a volunteer organization helping soldiers of the Ukrainian army. Bank details for donations.
2. Make donations to the international organizations helping Ukrainians during the Russian aggression, in particular:
- International Committee of the Red Cross. The organization aims to help people affected by the war and support the work of the Ukrainian Red Cross. You can donate via its website;
- International Rescue Committee. The organization helps people affected by humanitarian crises to survive, recover and rebuild their lives. You can donate via its website;
- International Medical Corps. The organization focuses on providing healthcare services, psychosocial support, and care to citizens of countries dealing with disaster, disease, and conflict. Donations will provide Ukrainians with better access to medical and mental health resources. You can donate via its website;
- People in need. The organization provides humanitarian aid in critical situations. Donations will give the Ukrainians food packages, emergency shelters, safe access to drinking water, hygiene items, and coal for heating. You can donate via its website;
- The UN Refugee Agency. The donations will help displaced Ukrainians with emergency supplies, lifesaving care, and protection. You can donate via its website;
- CARE. The organization helps Ukrainians with urgently needed water, food, hygiene kits, and ongoing support in Ukraine. You can donate via its website.
3. Block and ignore all Russian propaganda media, such as Russia Today, RTR, RIA Novosti, etc.
4. Use and share only reliable sources of information. You may rely on the
following official Ukrainian sources:
- The President of Ukraine;
- The Ministry of Defence of Ukraine;
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- The Parliament of Ukraine;
- The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
5. Express your support of Ukraine to the government of your state, as well as business partners, and colleagues to intensify military and other assistance for Ukraine and facilitate imposing as severe as possible sanctions on Russia.